#339 ✓resolved
Christien Rioux

ideviceinstaller fails installing 'large application'

Reported by Christien Rioux | September 18th, 2013 @ 04:09 PM | in 1.2.0 Release

I have an IPA file 274477308 bytes in size, (Monster Pet 1.2.9.ipa, from itunes store), that won't complete installing via ideviceinstaller -i.
It dies at 15%, while extracting:

I've got the -d output of ideviceinstaller (minus the actual 'debug_buffer' stuff because it was way too verbose for my testing

[xxx@xxx src]$ ./ideviceinstaller -i /tmp/967d0fd43ebe6a2bc3ecd75788a283e4_Monster\ Pet\ 1.2.9.ipa Copying '/tmp/967d0fd43ebe6a2bc3ecd75788a283e4_Monster Pet 1.2.9.ipa' --> 'PublicStaging/967d0fd43ebe6a2bc3ecd75788a283e4_Monster Pet 1.2.9.ipa'
done.
Installing 'PublicStaging/967d0fd43ebe6a2bc3ecd75788a283e4_Monster Pet 1.2.9.ipa'
Install - CreatingStagingDirectory (5%)
Install - ExtractingPackage (15%)
[xxx@xxx src]$

You can see there, no error message, it just stops. I've tried messing with timeouts as well, but to no avail.
Not sure what the problem is. Attaching my stripped down debug output for your persual.

The app does install, though. It's just that it doesn't complete running the app, or printing the text or whatever. It's hard to tell if it succeeded, but if i list the apps on the phone, i can see that it did in fact install anyway. So it's not the ipa file specifically, it does install....

Let me know if you need the full debug dump with binaries, it's over a gig in size.

Comments and changes to this ticket

Please Sign in or create a free account to add a new ticket.

With your very own profile, you can contribute to projects, track your activity, watch tickets, receive and update tickets through your email and much more.

New-ticket Create new ticket

Create your profile

Help contribute to this project by taking a few moments to create your personal profile. Create your profile »

A project around supporting the iPhone in Linux.

See http://libimobiledevice.org

People watching this ticket

Attachments

Pages