#190 ✓invalid

4.2.1 is not mounted even after "unpair, pair, validate"

Reported by vbalashi | December 28th, 2010 @ 09:03 AM

I found a lot of similar problems but all of them seems to be resolved by means of libidevice-utils package. So did I. I'm running Ubuntu 10.04 and I tried both 1.0.4 and 1.2.0 version of libraries in order to get it working: still no success.

khr@khrustal-fuji:~$ ls -l /usr/local/lib/libimobiledevice.so*
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 25 2010-12-26 23:01 /usr/local/lib/libimobiledevice.so -> libimobiledevice.so.2.0.0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 25 2010-12-26 23:01 /usr/local/lib/libimobiledevice.so.2 -> libimobiledevice.so.2.0.0
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 329228 2010-12-26 23:01 /usr/local/lib/libimobiledevice.so.2.0.0

currently the phone is visible like that:

khr@khrustal-fuji:~$ libideviceinfo
libideviceinfo: command not found
khr@khrustal-fuji:~$ ideviceinfo
... ActivationState: WildcardActivated
ActivationStateAcknowledged: true
BasebandBootloaderVersion: ICE_2_8
BasebandChipId: 80
BasebandGoldCertId: 257
BasebandSerialNumber: CAEOGxIQ1xBhYMoO
BasebandVersion: 03.10.01
BluetoothAddress: ----
BuildVersion: 8C148
CPUArchitecture: armv7
CallsInProgress: false
DeviceCertificate: ...
DeviceClass: iPhone
DeviceColor: black
DeviceName: khrust
DevicePublicKey: ...
DieID: 2810317048624995848
FirmwareVersion: iBoot-931.71.16
HardwareModel: N90AP
HostAttached: true
IMLockdownEverRegisteredKey: false
IntegratedCircuitCardIdentity: ----
InternationalMobileEquipmentIdentity: ----
InternationalMobileSubscriberIdentity: ----
MLBSerialNumber: J504670A56LUF
MobileSubscriberCountryCode: 424
MobileSubscriberNetworkCode: 03
ModelNumber: MC603
PartitionType: GUID_partition_scheme
PasswordProtected: false
PhoneNumber: ----
ProductType: iPhone3,1
ProductVersion: 4.2.1
ProductionSOC: true
ProtocolVersion: 2
ProximitySensorCalibration: UFgDB0AoSQL7nDMAbAHsASsAEgMYGjgA5QFMSCsA////////////////zBwFAAAADgAAABkAAAAoAAAAIAAAAEAA//////+d
RegionInfo: B/A
SBLockdownEverRegisteredKey: true
IOSDIOManufacturerID: 720 IOSDIOProductID: 17193 SDIOProductInfo: P=N90 m=3.1 V=m
SIMGID1: //////////8=
SIMGID2: //////////8=
SIMStatus: kCTSIMSupportSIMStatusReady
SerialNumber: ***
0: 1 TimeIntervalSince1970: 1293526746
TimeZone: Asia/Dubai
TimeZoneOffsetFromUTC: 14400.000000
TrustedHostAttached: true
UniqueChipID: 600239250767
UniqueDeviceID: 2493d57818a04fa073e6f85e985066cdb419701c
Uses24HourClock: false
WiFiAddress: 40:a6:d9:5c:ed:fa
iTunesHasConnected: true

but it is not recognized by Nautilus, thus not mounted on connect... Same effect even if I do "idevicepair unpair" and replug it!
From syslog I can get (while connecting phone):

==> /var/log/messages <== Dec 28 13:02:37 khrustal-fuji kernel: [76188.710075] usb 1-3: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 12
Dec 28 13:02:37 khrustal-fuji kernel: [76188.865381] usb 1-3: configuration #1 chosen from 4 choices

khr@khrustal-fuji:~$ lsusb
... Bus 001 Device 012: ID 05ac:1297 Apple, Inc.

So, I have no idea on how to fix it further...

Comments and changes to this ticket

  • Martin S.

    Martin S. December 28th, 2010 @ 11:08 AM

    • State changed from “new” to “invalid”
    • Tag set to ubuntu 10.04, automount, gnome, gvfs, nautilus

    Your device is working fine with libimobiledevice. If you can run "ideviceinfo" and get the output everything is setup correctly. No need to unpair.

    You must look one level higher in the software responsible for mounting in Nautilus (and GNOME) which is GVFS. Your issue rather looks like you do not have the AFC GVFS backend installed.

    You can try to enter this location in Nautilus and perhaps see your phone:

    If above is the case, something is broken with your GVFS setup and you should perhaps consider reinstalling it.

    P.S.: I removed the phone number from your post.

  • vbalashi

    vbalashi December 28th, 2010 @ 12:21 PM

    yes, you was right:

    /$ /usr/lib/gvfs/gvfsd-afc /usr/lib/gvfs/gvfsd-afc: error while loading shared libraries: libimobiledevice.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

    after I created a simlink:
    /$ cd /usr/lib /usr/lib$ sudo ln -s /usr/lib/libimobiledevice.so.1 /usr/lib/libimobiledevice.so.0

    I was finally able to browse it via Nautilus. Thank you for the point!

Please Sign in or create a free account to add a new ticket.

With your very own profile, you can contribute to projects, track your activity, watch tickets, receive and update tickets through your email and much more.

New-ticket Create new ticket

Create your profile

Help contribute to this project by taking a few moments to create your personal profile. Create your profile ยป

A project around supporting the iPhone in Linux.

See http://libimobiledevice.org

People watching this ticket