#139 ✓resolved
Nico Caprioli

iPhone folder vanish on my PC

Reported by Nico Caprioli | May 19th, 2010 @ 02:22 PM | in 1.2.0 Release

I was uploading a big file (2GB) to my iPhone through iFuse but suddently on Dolphin (KDE standard file manager) the folder where I mounted my iPhone disappeared and my transfer canceled.
I tried to unmount it but "the device was busy" so I forced the unmount by disconnecting iPhone and the directory magically reappared. I tried mounting it in a different path but I had the same issue.
Eventually I tried to copy this file through a terminal but I had one more time the same error (I/O Error)

Is this a bug?

Comments and changes to this ticket

  • Martin S.

    Martin S. May 19th, 2010 @ 02:41 PM

    • Tag set to large files, usbmuxd
    • State changed from “new” to “resolved”

    Yes, this is a known bug and fixed in usbmuxd 1.0.4. Please try that version and if it still fails reopen the bug. Thanks. :)

  • Nico Caprioli

    Nico Caprioli May 19th, 2010 @ 04:33 PM

    I upgraded usbmuxd to latest version but I still have this issue

  • Martin S.

    Martin S. May 19th, 2010 @ 05:26 PM

    • State changed from “resolved” to “open”
    • What kind of I/O error do you see exactly?
    • Please try to kill all usbmuxd instances, then run "sudo usbmuxd -v -v -f" in a terminal, then plugin the device, then start coping the big file and paste the output of usbmuxd at the time the error happens. Most likely usbmuxd crashed.
  • Nico Caprioli

    Nico Caprioli May 19th, 2010 @ 07:10 PM

    http://paste.ubuntu.com/436333/

    At 21:04:52.464 I had the issue

    I posted something happened after

    But I have to notice that after the usbmuxd upgrade it crashes at 1.6GB of transfer and not at 700MB

    (please excuse me for my bad enlgish, I hope you can understand it)

  • Martin S.

    Martin S. March 25th, 2011 @ 05:51 PM

    • Milestone order changed from “0” to “0”

    Hi, could you verify if you have the bug with usbmuxd 1.0.7 and latest iFuse?

  • Martin S.

    Martin S. April 30th, 2011 @ 06:28 PM

    • State changed from “open” to “resolved”
    • Milestone set to 1.2.0 Release
    • Milestone order changed from “190859” to “0”

    I tested files of 4.2GB size transferring just fine with iFuse and latest releases. I assume the bug was fixed in usbmuxd and since there was no further info provided I'll close this as resolved now. Feel free to reopen if you still encounter this issue.

Please Sign in or create a free account to add a new ticket.

With your very own profile, you can contribute to projects, track your activity, watch tickets, receive and update tickets through your email and much more.

New-ticket Create new ticket

Create your profile

Help contribute to this project by taking a few moments to create your personal profile. Create your profile »

A project around supporting the iPhone in Linux.

See http://libimobiledevice.org

People watching this ticket

Pages